Founded in 1852, APhA is the largest association of pharmacists in the United States, with more than 62,000 practicing pharmacists, pharmaceutical scientists, student pharmacists, pharmacy technicians as members. APhA is the organization whose members are recognized in society as essential in all patient care settings for optimal medication use that improves health, wellness, and quality of life. Through information, education, and advocacy APhA empowers its members to improve medication use and advance patient care.
The American Pharmacists Association inspires, innovates and creates opportunities for members and pharmacists worldwide to optimize medication use and health for all.
As the voice of pharmacy, the American Pharmacists Association leads the profession and equips members for their role as the medication expert in team-based, patient-centered care. APhA will accomplish this by:
- Advancing pharmacists' optimal roles in team-based, patient-centered care.
- Providing opportunities for professional development, recognition, differentiation, and leadershi
- Disseminating timely relevant information and state-of-the-art tools and resources.
- Raising societal awareness about the role of pharmacists as essential in patient care for optimal medication use.
- Creating unique opportunities for members to connect and share with peers across practice settings.
Our APhA 2017 Annual Report shares our year in review with you.